Use the Tabs below to navigate
Personal Liability Company INC Registration
A Personal Liability Company also known as a ”INC” is another type of company that does not differ much from a (Pty) Ltd. A Personal Liability Company specifically suits a professional such as an Auditor or an Attorney who wants to register a company for his or her practice. The only difference is that the directors are mutually and individually liable with the company for all company debts and liabilities incurred. A Personal Liability Company ends with “Inc.” or “Incorporated”
To register a Personal Liability Company (INC), the following documents and information is required:
• The number of directors the company will have along with the ID copies
• Four proposed names in order of preference.
• The postal and physical address of the company.
• Company contact details (this includes email addresses and Telephone numbers)
• The details of the intended director/s. (this includes addresses, contact numbers and email addresses)
• A limited Power of Attorney in which you give us the authority to register a company on your behalf, signed by all intended director/s (which will be sent to you via email once the order is placed).
The Personal Liability Company (INC) Registration process is divided into two steps:
Step 1: Name Reservations will be made, which will take 5-10 business days. However, if there is a delay from CIPC due to system errors or work load, the process could take longer.
Step 2: Once the name has been approved, the Company Registration process will take place, which will take 21-30 business days. However, if there is a delay from CIPC due to system errors or work load, the process could take longer.
Once the company has been registered, you will receive the following documents via email or post:
• A registration certificate COR 14.3
• A Notice of Incorporation COR 14.1
• Confirmation of the initial directors appointed to the company COR 14.1A
• Memorandum of incorporation (MOI) COR 15.1B
• Share certificate (as required)
To get started with your INC Registration Application:
Including name reservation