So you have this great business idea and also have a great name to give your business but just not ready to launch your company yet.
The first step to your future business is to apply for Name Reservation. Name Reservation is a process by which you reserve a name for your future business.
The Name Reservation will be valid for 6 months. You can renew your name after 6 months or can register the company within 6 months.
In order for us to proceed with the Name Reservation application, you need to provide us with a choice of four names in order of preference.
Name Reservation applications take 5-10 business days.
However, if there is a delay from CIPC due to system errors or work load, the process could take longer.
There could be two possible outcomes of your Name Reservation application:
• You will receive a Confirmation Notice of Name Reservation, COR 9.4 once the name has been approved.
• You will receive a Notice Refusing Name Reservation, COR 9.5 if your Name Reservation has been declined.
To avoid the possibility of your Name Reservation application being rejected, here are a few tips on how to go about coming up with suitable names for your business:
• Your name should catch the attention of the public and to ensure this, your name should be UNIQUE and ORIGINAL.
• Avoid using inappropriate or vulgar language when coming up with a name.
• It is advisable to use a combination of a Name and Surname to create a more unique name and hence more likely to get accepted.
Note: If all your chosen names are rejected, a new application will have to be done.
To get started with your Company Registration Application:
Email sales@eBucket.co.za the above required documents
First Name Set Reservation